Sarah Baker, a Member with the firm’s Estate Planning practice group, prides herself on getting to know her clients. She finds that many legal issues are missed by practitioners in the area of estate planning due to a failure to fully understand clients’ relationships, assets, family structures, and family dynamics. With a Master’s Degree in psychology, Sarah believes that her innate ability to connect with clients on a more personal level enables her to more effectively assist them through the process of planning for the transfer of wealth and assets after death. Dependent upon a client’s needs, Sarah drafts wills, powers of attorney, trusts, and other estate planning documents, as well as provide education on the process itself to help clients understand the purpose and effect of their estate plan. In addition, she advises clients on real estate, probate, and employment-related matters.
Sarah is a Critfchield fixture, having clerked at the firm during law school and started her legal career at the firm as a litigator following graduation from law school in 2009. While she transitioned her practice from litigation to estate planning years ago, Sarah still uses the knowledge gained as a litigator to help her clients avoid litigation in the areas of estate planning, real estate, and employment law.
• Revocable Trusts
• Charitable Planning Using Trusts
• Decanting Trust Agreements
• Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts
• Irrevocable Income Only Trusts
• Qualified Personal Residence Trusts
• Powers of Attorney
• Argued numerous cases in the Ohio District Courts of Appeals
• Argued employment discrimination case in the United States Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
• Argued property valuation case in the Ohio Supreme Court