Critchfield possesses comprehensive experience for our clients who acquire, combine, sell, merge, or otherwise dispose of business assets and/or ownership interests. We have represented clients in business deals ranging from small and privately negotiated transfers of ownership interests or other business assets to creating joint ventures, forming strategic alliances with other businesses, to transactions requiring regulatory approval. Our proficient attorneys effectively work for their clients at the negotiating table and boardroom. We have experience assisting companies from a number of industries, including banking and finance, manufacturing, construction, agriculture, nonprofit, healthcare, and more.
We utilize comprehensive counseling from the early planning stage through the closing of M&A transactions – including due diligence, structure, negotiation, and documentation – to deliver practical and functional advice, support, and assistance to our clients. We help our clients with financing arrangements, tax planning, securities law issues, and other compliance obligations.
A few examples of our engagements include:
- Represented an Ohio-based audience response system technology company in a $96 million equity interest sale to an Ohio based private equity fund
- Represented an Ohio-based electrical contractor company in a $90 million stock sale to a Texas-based strategic buyer
- Represented the special committee of the board of directors of a publicly held transportation company in a $56 million going private merger with a private equity fund
- Represented a privately held substance abuse treatment center in the $36 million sale of its assets to a strategic buyer
- Represented a Texas-based private equity fund in its $31 million acquisition of a professional employer organization, including the debt, equity, and transaction aspects of the deal
- Represented an Ohio-based intermediary health care and workers’ compensation industry service provider in a $27 million stock sale
- Represented a $350 million company selling a vinyl extrusion division
- Represented a publicly held $350 million aluminum sheet manufacturer