Education & Experience
Eric Michener is an attorney in the firm’s Litigation Department, as well as a member of the Employment Law Practice Group and the Chair of the Construction Law Practice Group. He has litigated a wide variety of issues in state and federal courts, in front of administrative bodies, and before arbitrators. The cases have included everything from breach of contract claims to the defense of OSHA citations. With over 40 jury trials, Eric is a seasoned trial attorney who zealously advocates for his client and knows his way around a courtroom.
Prior to joining the firm, Eric served as a prosecutor for the Montgomery Prosecutor’s office and then the Ohio Attorney General’s office where he won more than 90% of his trials.
- University of Virginia College of Law, J.D.
- Rex E. Lee Law Society, Vice President
- Brigham Young University, B.A.
- magna cum laude
- Speech and Debate Club, co-founder
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Judicial Law Clerk to The Honorable Judge Curtis L. Collier, United States District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee
- Successfully prosecuted a non-competition agreement declaratory judgment action before an arbitrator, invalidating the non-competition clause and securing attorneys’ fees for the client
- Defended a client against a breach of lease claim and won $40,000 breach of contract counterclaim after a jury trial
- Negotiated a $205,000 settlement for a property owner against a pipeline company that violated its reclamation duties
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Wayne County Bar Association
- Chair, Admissions Committee