Critchfield’s attorneys have extensive experience advising and representing clients, primarily employers, in labor and employment law.
Businesses both large and small call upon our firm to serve as their outside general counsel in matters ranging from general employment law counseling to litigation of the full-spectrum of disputes that may arise in the employment and labor law context.
Particular areas of expertise include:
- Litigation of wrongful termination claims
- Employment discrimination charges and representation before the Ohio Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Processing and arbitration of grievances
- Consultation and representation related to wage and hour issues, including overtime, employment classifications and Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) matters
- Education of supervisors and employees related to work place harassment and hostile work environment
- Executive compensation
- Regulatory compliance, including the FLSA, ADA, Title VII, HIPAA and ERISA
- Implementation and review of employment contracts, policies and handbooks
- Consultation and representation related to terminations, severance agreements, layoffs and reductions in force (RIF’s)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) matters, including investigations, negotiation of OSHA citations related to other OSHA issues and representation of clients before the Department of Labor in OSHA trials
- Workers’ compensation matters for both state-funded and self-insured employers