No matter the industry, all companies are subject to multiple laws and regulations that govern everything from workplace safety to data security and workers’ civil rights.
Any failure to comply with these laws and regulations can result in time-consuming, and potentially costly, audits, investigations, fines, and even litigation. We work diligently with our clients to help them establish effective practices and policies that keep them in compliance with the ever-changing landscape of statutes, regulations, and common law that govern the operation of their business.
Critchfield’s attorneys monitor and keep clients abreast of changes in a number of major laws and regulations including:
- Affirmative Action and Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP)
- The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- The Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
- Immigration laws and regulations
- Reductions in Force (RIF)
- Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN)
- Workers’ Compensation
- Unemployment Compensation
The Critchfield team is ready to assist any business struggling with compliance issues. We’ll help to pinpoint problem areas and then work to develop procedures and programs that keep the business on the right track.