Successful real estate development projects often require navigating complex state and local tax incentive programs, zoning and land use planning approvals, as well as other interactions with local governments and quasi-public economic development entities.
Critchfield is fortunate to have an experienced team of real estate, zoning, and tax attorneys who live and work in our respective communities, and have extensive personal and professional relationships with local public officials and members of the economic development community. We regularly work in conjunction with local stakeholders to navigate complex incentive programs, and help our clients to complete unique and difficult real estate development projects. Critchfield attorneys also regularly help clients secure a broad range of planning and zoning entitlements needed for real estate development, including zoning amendments, site plan approvals, annexations, variances, plat approvals, as well as various types of permits.
- Represented project owners on several Enterprise Zone, Tax Increment Financing, Ohio Enterprise Bond Fund, and Community Reinvestment Area projects
- Represented a higher educational institution on planning and zoning matters for a $40MM facilities expansion
- Represented several colleges and universities on real estate matters related to Ohio Higher Educational Facility Commission bond issuances
- Represented a financial institution on planning and zoning matters for a $25MM facilities expansion
- Represented a project owner on a Planned Development Overlay District for the construction of a unique residential subdivision with challenging topography features
- Represented project owners on the annexation and subdivision of agricultural property for industrial and commercial development