Education & Experience
Doug Drushal is the most senior Member of the firm, having joined in August of 1979, after a two-year Clerkship with Judge Anthony J. Celebrezze of the U. S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. He has perhaps the broadest areas of practice in the firm, providing both business and personal guidance on a wide variety of topics, using his 40 years of experience to the advantage of his clients.
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, J.D.
- summa cum laude
- Editor, Ohio State Law Journal
- Order of the Coif
- Northwestern University, B.A.
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States Tax Court
- United States Supreme Court
- Judicial Law Clerk to The Honorable Anthony J. Celebrezze, United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, 1977-1979.
- Substantial first-chair trial experience, including many jury trials
- Represented Sellers and Buyers in numerous Merger and Acquisition transactions, ranging from small businesses up to deals worth hundreds of millions of dollars
- Handled many large commercial and residential real estate developments
- Handled hundreds of planning and zoning matters before various municipal boards and commissions
- Wide estate planning experience, ranging from simple wills to complex estate plans for persons of all walks of life
- Selected as an "Ohio Super Lawyer" by Ohio Super Lawyers magazine (2020)
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Wayne County Bar Association, past president